We’ve added new information to serve you better.
Have you been using a favorite Cross Pen for years or even decades? As an iconic brand founded over 175 years ago, Cross has a proud legacy in the writing industry. We owe our name recognition across the globe to the trust our customers have placed in our products.
To uphold that trust, we guarantee the quality, design and performance of our products with our Cross Lifetime Mechanical Warranty. All Cross writing instrument mechanisms are unquestionably guaranteed against mechanical failure, regardless of age. Learn about the new details we’ve included in our warranty to clarify what’s covered.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What has changed about the Cross Lifetime Mechanical Warranty?
- We no longer offer repairs under the Warranty.
- Instead, we guarantee a replacement (or equivalent) of any Cross item determined to be defective under the terms of the coverage.
- We’ve added helpful examples of what is not covered by warranty.
Why has Cross stopped repairing writing instruments?
- By replacing items instead, we’re serving you more quickly and effectively.
- We can now bypass delays in service caused by ongoing scarcities of precious metals and other high-quality components needed for repairs.
- What does “mechanical failure” mean under the warranty?
- Our definition: a defective product or a product unable to function as a result of construction or workmanship when used in accordance with the Cross Care & Use Instructions or the Product Support information at cross.com.
- The Cross Warranty Team of experts will determine if your item has a mechanical failure under the terms of our warranty.
What happens if my defective item is covered by the warranty?
- We’ll send you a code for purchasing a replacement item of equivalent value on cross.com.
- We can also return your original item, knowing that it may have sentimental value.
What is NOT covered under the warranty?
Exclusions from warranty include:
- Normal wear and tear, stains, discolorations or scratches.
- Damage caused by any accident, fire, theft, flood or other causes beyond our control.
- Damage caused by ink leaks to textiles, apparel or other personal property.
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse and/or negligence.
- Damage resulting from repairs or manipulations carried out by unauthorized or nonqualified repair/service personnel.
- Leads, erasers and ink refills exhausted in the course of normal use, damaged fountain pen nibs, emblems and other customized decorations.
If my Cross item is not covered, will you return it to me?
- Yes. We will return your item if our team determines it is not eligible for replacement.
Our goal is always to provide you with a best-in-class experience, and Cross is proud to continue offering one of the best warranties available among luxury brands. No detail is overlooked in the creation of a Cross Pen. We guarantee it.
For complete terms of the Cross Lifetime Mechanical Warranty, including our Tech Series, Leather Accessories and Warranty Claim Form, click here.
If you found this information helpful, we hope you’ll pass the news along and share this post.